A compilation of posts, articles, and the like gathered from discourse and used for education.
Examine issues, explore culture and enjoy commentary on the latest LGBTQ news that matters most to the queer community and their allies.
Academe Blog – LGBTQ Issues Section
Blog for Academe Magazine, with a section on LGBTQ issues.
News about LGBTQ+ issues from around the world.
Related Academic Resources
- The Association for Queer Anthropology (AGA) is a section of the American Anthropological Association (AAA).
Related Non-Academic Resources
- LGBTQ Mental Health Issues(familydoctor.org) — Article discussing the importance of mental health for members of the LGBTQ community, particularly teens and young adults.
- Gaygull.com(www.gaygull.com) — An inclusive resource for LGBT people with links to both national and state resources.
- Trans Guys(transguys.com) — Articles and consumer reviews which focus on providing practical information for transmen.
- National LGBT Health Education Center(www.lgbthealtheducation.org) — A collection of webinars and training videos on a wide range of topics related to the LGBT community.
- Parents & Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG)(pflag.org) — A national organization to strengthen family support for people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer. State and local chapters available.
- Trans Lifeline(www.translifeline.org) — A grassroots organization offering direct emotional and financial support to the transgender community.
- The Trevor Project(www.thetrevorproject.org) — A national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention to LGBT youth under 25.
- LGBT National Help Center(glbtnationalhelpcenter.org) — An organization providing vital peer-support, community connections and information to people with questions regarding sexual orientation and gender identity.
- The EveryONE Project — Resources to address diversity and social determinants of health as they impact individuals, families, and communities.